The Social & Culture, procedures and requirements
Valid for 6 months
The purpose of this visa is to visit friends / relationship, social – culture or educational exchange. With this visa you are not allowed to do business activities in Indonesia or to take up employment. Sponsorship is required by an Indonesian citizen, for instance in Bali. You need to supply the following documents :
Your Indonesian sponsor needs to supply :
- Sponsorship letter of sponsor
- Copy of sponsor identity card whose residence is in Indonesia – Bali (KTP)
- Copy of sponsor family register
- Copy of sponsor bank account statements
You need to supply :
- Copy of your passport
- 2 (two) passport sized photographs (4 X 6 )
Procedure for processing the Social & Culture
There are two ways of applying for this visa :
- If you apply for this visa at the Indonesian embassy in Singapore it is easy because you only need the sponsorship letter and your application is not processed through Jakarta. We can help you with all necessary documents. This process takes about 1 day. The process in the Singapore embassy can take up to 3-4 days or you can use an agent in Singapore who can help you to process only in one day.
- If you apply for the visa in other countries, your documents need to be processed in Jakarta. This process can take up to 4 days before a decision is made and the visa is granted. If your application is approved you will receive a telex visa which you can take to the nearest Indonesia embassy or consulate. A fee is payable in local currencies for the visa application and duration of processing is depending on the embassy – consulate where the visa is applied.
After you have received your social visa, you must return to Indonesia straightaway. You will get 60 days free visit, monthly extendable in Immigration to a total stay of 6 months.
Ask information about Social and Culture Visa